Everyone loves a card with the gift. It’s your chance to let your personality shine, and express your emotions. How about trying your hand at a hand crafted card?
Prickly Pear Paper has some great beginning tips for the perfect card making at home:
- Jot down your concept or genre that you’d like to work with.
- Get all your wording down first (spell check and all).
- Check out your envelope situation. You may create some dope cards only to find that there is no envelope on this earth the size you need. Prickly Pear Paper recommends A2 size envelopes. Then measure your card to fit, doubling the hight to account for the fold.
- Sketch out your illustration, make changes, THEN you can put it on the card.
- Mark and Lauren recommend 100lb uncoated paper for your cards. You can now print from your computer, or hand illustrate and or hand print to create your card.
- Cut your card down to size, and make sure to score the card first before folding. Once your card is scored down the inside, use a bone folder to create a nice sharp crease in your card.
The Prickly Pear Paper shop is always loaded with inspiration – cacti, skateboards, chili peppers and MORE!